Project Year: 2017
Project Cost: $75,001 – $100,000
Country: United States
Zip Code: 22030
The Great Oaks neighborhood in Fairfax City features contemporary homes with open floor plans, large windows, and lots of towering oaks and other mature trees. Our client loved her home in this unique neighborhood, but needed updates to a kitchen that had minimal counter space, low ceilings, poor lighting, and inadequate storage. As an avid cook and baker, these drawbacks affected her daily. Our client was well-informed about the remodeling process and originally planning to manage much of the project herself. While visiting our Design Center to see Armstrong luxury vinyl, she met the FA Design Build team. This initial meeting turned into
- Widening the doorway from foyer to kitchen.
- Removing a large area of
droppedceiling in the kitchen.
- Taking out a load-bearing wall and installing proper headers for support.
- Creating a larger peninsula for baking and food prep.
- Choosing Cambria quartz countertop for beauty and durability.
- Adding a stained furniture-style buffet in the dining area.
- Installing a larger, single-bowl sink to better accommodate big pans and dishes.
a over-the-rangemicrowave with a hood for better ventilation.
- Relocating the microwave and oven to wall units.
- Using floating shelves to showcase backsplash and create openness.
- Installing Armstrong Alterna in a herringbone pattern.
- Utilizing recess lighting, undercabinet lighting, and decorative lighting.
Photos by Renee Alexander
Back to Kitchens
Main Portfolio Page